Monday, April 28, 2008

Though None Go With Me



Jerry B. Jenkins, co-author of the "Left Behind" series, wrote a book entitled, "Though None Go With Me" a few years ago. Having never read nor even heard of his most recent publication, today I was delighted to go out to the mailbox and discover that this book turned Hallmark movie was now sitting in the mailbox courtesy of Netflix. Having nothing else on the calendar for today, I popped it into the DVD player and became entranced in the story line, unwilling to move from the couch even when nature called... TMI? :-) I found the message to be powerful and a strong reminder of the old song, "No Turning Back." Our commitments to follow Christ unconditionally are not bargains. We do not strike deals with the Creator in hopes that He will honor our plans and goals for our future. To make the decision that "I have decided to follow Jesus...Though none go with me, still I will follow. No turning back. No turning back," is a promise that whatever life befalls me, I will stay the course. In anger and loss, no matter the cost - no turning back. If you've never read the book, nor seen the movie, YOU MUST! This is a truly enjoyable film as it is a remarkable story, yet powerfully convicting. Check it out at:

No comments: